Why create Carissa?
Because listeners wanted a high-current, affordable SET alternative with a real-world drive.
By applying less voltage but drawing more current, Carissa brings you lower distortion specs across the whole bandwidth, superior dynamics and far better control of lower register that sets a new in-home standard. The Carissa employs custom, hand-wound, split-core output transformers to generate wider bandwidth than most transformers generally available.
Engineered into every hand-crafted Carissa amplifiers are more extended top frequencies and the tonal saturation through the midrange and bass regions that Art Audio is known for.
The result? Art for the eyes and ears that’s more accessible than ever before.
- Lower plate voltage for prolonged tube life
- Factory set dual mono biasing circuits
- Quality MOSFET regulated power supply
- Custom hand-wound split-core output transformers
- High quality mil-spec, multi-layered 2-oz. copper trace circuit boards
- Capacitors are low ESR/ESL types for increased highfrequency performance
- Resistors are 1% metal oxide for low noise
- Optional hand-polished, non-magnetic, stainless steel chassis and transformer cover available
- Optional dual-mono auto bias circuitry (standard in Carissa Signature)
- Type: Single-ended, transformer-coupled, pure class A, triode stereo amplifier
- Output Power: 16 wpc
- Input Sensitivity: 600mV
- Input Impedance: 4 - 8 ohms
- Output Impedance: 180K ohms
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 60kHz ± 1dB. at full rated power
- Tube Complement: 1 x 6DJ8/6922, 2 x 12BH7, 2 x 845
- Dimensions: 12.75” x 18.5” x 9” [ W x D x H ]
- Weight: 70 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 years parts and labor/90 days tubes