To us, the name says it all. Jota is a jubilant folk dance from Aragon, Spain. And like it’s dance namesake, the Jota was designed with an agile and honest 20 Wpc to get you moving.
The result: Superior sonic fidelity married with low-end control.
It’s been called the one single-ended amp to have if you could only ever have one. And that doesn’t surprise us given the attention to minute detail we lavished on this design.
A labor-intensive sub-assembly mechanically isolates the output tubes from the main chassis to enhance longevity. And the output transformers are our own hand-wound split core design that delivers dynamics and immediacy that sets this amplifier apart from its Class-A brethren.
We invite you to audition the Jota with your nearest Art Audio representative.
- Zero-feedback design, high-peak current delivery
- Automatic biasing circuit per each channel
- Output transformers are a novel split-core type not normally associated with single-ended designs and custom-designed by Art Audio to give a wider bandwidth than most transformers generally available
- Output tubes mounted on a special isolation plate assembled with vibration dampers to acoustically isolate them from any chassis vibration
- A tube (CV378/GZ37) choke-regulated power supply preceded by a pi filter and primary solid- state rectifier
- Resistors are 1% metal oxide for low noise
- Capacitors are low ESR/ESL types for increased high frequency performance
- High quality mil-spec, multi-layered 2-oz. copper trace circuit boards
- Finished with polished (non magnetic) stainless steel chassis, gold or chrome-plated transformer caps and nameplate
High power options
- EML 520 or KR 300BXLS output tubes instead of the stock KR 32B
- Larger transformers and adjusted internal parts values to support the increased demands and current delivery (can be outfitted with 32B - however, the opposite is not possible - substituting 520, 300 BXLS for the 32B in the standard Jota)
- Type: Single-ended, transformer-coupled, zero-feedback, pure Class A triode stereo amplifier
- Output Power: 20 wpc (24 wpc for hi-power version)
- Input Sensitivity: 400mV
- Input Impedance: 220K ohms
- Output Impedance: 4 and 8 ohms
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz ± 1dB. full rated power
- Tube Complement: 2 x 6DJ8, 2 x 12BH7, 2 x CV378, 2 x KR 300BXLS or 32B ( 520 optional )
- Dimensions: 18.25" x 13.75" (incl. heat sinks & terminals) x 10" [ W x D x H ]
- Weight:70 lbs.
- Warranty:3 years parts and labor/90days to 1 year for tubes